Click Here to Navigate This Post
This week's Friday Five features 5 makeup must haves for this fall season!
In this post, I am recommending 5 amazing beauty products that are my current faves!
For more beauty recommendations, check out my post on 5 Spring Beauty Must Haves!
Before we get into the 5 favorites, I want to share what makeup products every girl should keep in her makeup bag at all times:
What makeup products should every girl have?
I think every girl no matter what level of makeup skills or abilities you possess, these are some products every girl must have in their day to day life!
- Eyebrow pencil or eyebrow dip brow ( Just something for your eyebrows girl!) A most common favorite eyebrow makeup to use is the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade. This product is worth the money and it lasts for many years!
- Mascara (A good, good mascara!) I like to think finding a good mascara is a trial and error process. The more you try out different mascara products you will come across one to three of your top favorites you regularly use! Some really good mascara must haves to try are Benefit Cosmetics, “They’re Real!” Lengthening Mascara at Sephora. And the “Ultimate Mascara” from Mary Kay. Also, something new I found out recently is to use a primer for eyelashes. You would apply the primer to your eyelashes before using your daily mascara. One of the primers I suggest using is the L’Oreal Paris “Voluminous Conditioning Primer Mascara”
- Face Primer and concealer– A face primer helps to keep your makeup lasting all day and it keeps your face moisturized as well! And a concealer is always important to cover up the impurities or black spots on the face.
- Foundation– One of the foundations I recommend worth trying is the Mary Kay CC Cream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15*, the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation, and Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage
- Highlighters– I am obsessed with highlighters! They are everything! I know I already mentioned Fenty Beauty, and I will mention it one more time in this post! Because it is a stunning makeup line that is trendy and it caters to every skin tone. The “Trophy Wife” highlighter is a top favorite as well as the limited palette, “Killawatt Foil Freestyle Highlighter Palette”
- Lip liner and lip gloss and stick– I think every girl should keep a few different color lip liners, lipstick AND lip gloss in her makeup bag or purse! A good technique to try is to prepare the lips by using a lip scrub, then applying Chapstick for moister and then apply the lip makeup after. Another way to prepare your lips is to use a lip primer also!
How do beginners learn makeup?
The makeup industry is constantly evolving with it’s new technology and products. So, no matter what your level of makeup skills are, you are never behind and there is always something new to learn when it comes to learning how to apply makeup.
- The first advice, I would give to someone who is a beginner and wanting to learn makeup is to search some makeup YouTube guru channels, preferably channels that teach and show basic steps to put on something or a quick tutorial. I think starting out in makeup, watching channels with huge YouTube personalities like James Charles or someone who is highly skilled can be intimidating, but it is ultimately your choice! Big makeup stars provide really valuable content! And they are good at what they do. When I began, I started watching very simple channels on how to put on eyeliner with tape and being recommended to use inexpensive drug store products like NYX, and E.L.F which are very good brands by the way!
- The second advice, I would give is to shop at your local stores like Walgreens, and Walmart. You can even start shopping at Ulta and Sephora if you’re looking for a name brand product or something specific! The list of makeup products every girl should have that I listed above is a great checklist of basic things you can purchase to start your makeup journey!
- The third and final advice, I could offer you is to just spend a few hours in your bathroom or by your vanity if you have one and just start playing with your makeup and trying it on. If it is one thing I learned about applying makeup is that you can apply it however you want! There is no right or wrong way. You can be creative and do whatever you want when it comes to applying makeup on your face. Another thing I want to mention is that at Sephora you can ask the makeup specialist for some testers to take home to try. And usually they have some of their specialists or a makeup consultant you can ask questions to and even get your makeup applied!
I hope that helped! Now let’s get into this post on the 5 Makeup Must Haves For Fall!
Here Are The 5 Favorites!
1. Fenty Gloss Bomb Lip Collection
This is an absolute must-have ALWAYS! But the Fenty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer collection is absolutely stunning and amazing! The shades are perfect for any occasion. The gloss is long wear, so you can expect to have it lasting for several hours. The “Fenty Glow” and “Fu$y” are Rhianna’s Fave gloss bombs. But all of them are must-haves this fall if you’re looking for a glossy look! All of the shades bring off a great gloss shine for all skin textures.
2. ColourPop Eyeshadow Palettes
If you love inexpensive makeup, Colourpop is the perfect brand to try. In my opinion, all of their products are a must have for all seasons of the year! They always come out with a themed or seasonal palette every year. And this fall they have their shadow palettes starting at $15. I always recommend Colourpop as a must have, not only for the eyeshadow palettes, but the brand itself. Colourpop Cosmetics is cost effective with good quality products! They always have special deals going on and you can create your own palette with any of their eyeshadow colors.
3. Burt's Bees Micellar 3 in 1 makeup remover
Since it is that time of year, and we are into fall, we are preparing for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. It’s usually the time where people get dressed up and made up! With that said, makeup wipes are essential. They are perfect to travel with, because you have a cloth and makeup remover all in one. I love how quick and easy it is to remove makeup with the Burt’s Bees micellar 3 in 1 makeup remover wipes . Micellar makeup remover is the best, because it is a facial cleanser that strips away makeup, dirt and oil away from the skin. It is good for all skin types, promotes skin hydration and doesn’t contain any alcohol, unlike other regular makeup up remover cleansers or wipes.
4. K Aesthetics Purifying Charcoal Peel-Off Mask
Having a skin care routine is an important aspect of self-care. And taking care of your skin doesn’t have to be expensive either. I came across a Purifying Charcoal Peel-Off Mask when I was in Khol’s by the K Aesthetics brand. This peel off mask comes in a pack of 5, and it is contained with medicinal bamboo charcoal. When I first tried it my skin felt so clean, and soft afterwards. This is a product I will continue to buy when I need a deep cleaning and toning on my face,
5. Magnetic Lashes
This is something I personally have not tried yet! But I really want to… magnetic lashes! Honestly, I recently found out about them, and I think they would make a good investment! As someone who has tried regular lashes, having something like a magnetic lash would cut down some time, and allow you to still look stylish! Like I said before, it is fall and it’s one of the busiest seasons, so if you would like to cut down some time getting makeup ready, I recommend trying magnetic lashes! I found an article on Cosmopolitan which was written by Ruby BuddeMeyer and Brooke Shunatona. They list and describe the 9 Best Magnetic Lashes You Need In Your Life For 2020.
I hope you enjoyed this week's favorites! See you next time!
PS- this post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own (as always!)